I remember the day I made the request to have the “more” of my faith journey. I was done with living a life of mediocrity. Inside of me, a candle was lit with a desire to know and experience God’s love … this became the transforming force in my life.
When I began to internalize the nature of God’s love, I came to understand that it is constant, consistent and unchanging. This truth began to empower me to be transformed from the inside out. It gave me confidence in areas that I had only known insecurities.
As I surrender more areas of my life, He continues to develop my character so that I can become all I am meant to be. I have found it to be easier to extend love to others and replace my old habits of being judgmental. As a result of being transformed and empowered to live a life of balance:
-I have overcome many of the fears in my life, not by avoiding them, but by trusting God to be with me as I face them.
– I have learned to simplify my life and utilize what I have, where I am, and what I need to learn, rather than fret and worry over what I don’t have or may be missing.
– In relationships, I am learning through humility to value others as God does. Love, for me is the commitment to the welfare of another. I simply make the effort to treat others as I would like to be treated.
– Through surrender, I have learned dependence on God. His “yes” to seemingly simple requests provides assurance of His care for the details in my life. Even the “no” answers now bring a peace in knowing that God is protecting me for a season or that He has something better in store.
– Even when I “blow it”, He brings light to areas that I need, when I allow His truth to expose the darkness in my soul.
– I am learning that anchored to Him I can live at peace, safe and secure, although chaos may be all around me.
– Prayer strengthens, renews and refreshes my soul. It is where I gain courage to walk this journey and strength to endure what I don’t understand, and the patience to wait.
-I journal and relinquish all of my hurts, fears, anger, and disappointments. In being emptied out, my passion for life is rekindled …
-Everything that I have experienced is a part of who I am today and the ability I have to become a source of hope and comfort to others.
Sheri Geyer is a Christian Life Coach, Realtor, Writer, Wife & Mom